World Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses

4 posters

Go down

[Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses Empty [Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:13 am

Ivan loved Herbology. It had been one of his best classes at Durmstrang, and he was curious how it would be taught here. He'd decided to take a look at the greenhouses and see what sort of plants they kept. It was a little scary being in a new school, in a new country, speaking a language he didn't fully understand, but magical plants always calmed him down.

The Russian peered inside one of the greenhouses. He couldn't see anybody inside. He slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside. It was nice in here. Relaxing. The plants seemed more friendly than the ones at Durmstrang. There were more flowers. He sighed. It was pleasant here, but he missed everything he'd left behind.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski
I am moving from Durmstrang and am not speaking the English well, da

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

[Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses Empty Re: [Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses

Post by Roderich Edelstein Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 am

Roderich was severely annoyed at himself. Because of various things, he had been unable to complete his summer Herbology homework and so had to venture down to the greenhouse to draw his last few diagrams.
He wouldn't normally leave something so late, be he had had a lot on his mind over the holidays.
He was surprised to see Ivan in the greenhouses. Still, he seemed like adequate friend material.
Roderish walked into the greenhouse, began his first diagram (of one of the larger Honking Daffodils) and, after a few minutes, said:
'So, Ivan, what brings you down to the greenhouses?'
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein
No, I will not play that infernal noise you call music on my piano

Male Posts : 32

Back to top Go down

[Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses Empty Re: [Open to all] Walking Around the Greenhouses

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 am

"Ah, uh, Roderich!" Ivan cried, a little startled. He hadn't noticed the boy arrive, distracted by the flowers on the ceiling. "I, uh, I like plants. Especially flowers. There were not many flowers at Durmstrang, o-or much sunlight for grow them. What bring you here Roderich?"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Hellebore....that's what the Potion's master had asked him to get. It was just Toris' luck that the teacher had held a grudge since the little fiasco he'd endured last year, but he guessed he didn't mind being sent to get extra ingredients...and he'd been early to class, so he wouldn't miss anything.

Toris faltered as he heard voices from inside the nearest greenhouse. That was Roderich....and the new boy. Ivan wasn't it? He bristled a little as he remembered his last encounter with the other sixth year. He'd understood perfectly what he meant, calling him impure! Toris sighed. There was no point getting upset over something so petty...he needed to tell Roderich those times anyway. So sliding the door open, he greeted both boys..."Good morning Roderich, Ivan."
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis
A lot more determined than you'd think

Male Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderich Edelstein Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:45 am

Roderich smiled at the older boy-no need to offend anyone when they could be friends.

"I didn't manage to finish my summer homework in Herbology-our greenhouse at home doesn't have any Honking Daffodils and I need a diagram of one for my last piece."

He heard Toris come in and greet them. "Ah, Toris," he smiled. "How are you? I haven't really had a chance to talk to you yet this year-what brings you to the greenhouses?"
Roderich Edelstein
Roderich Edelstein

Male Posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Toris smiled back. He was glad Roderich had started the conversation, having been aware he would be interrupting him and Ivan's conversation. "I'm doing quite well, thank you, Roderich. How are you? As you said, conflicting time tables..."
Glancing around the greenhouse, he soon spotted a row of Hellebore plants "I was sent to get some of these for Potions...oh, are you finishing your summer-work?" Toris raised an eyebrow. Roderich couldn't be particularly relaxed if his work was not finished.
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:49 am

Ivan looked at Toris with mild disdain, but that look faded when he noticed how the boy's hair caught the light. It was... Kind of pretty. Now he looked properly, the face the hair was framing was pretty too... His lips melted into a sweet smile. It's not like Toris was a Mudblood, after all; he could ignore an impure bloodline when confronted by somebody that attractive.

"Privet, Toris~ I must, ah, apologising, for what I am saying to you before," he struggled with the words.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovino Vargas Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:35 am

Lovino was cursing inside his head. How could he be so dumb?!
He has escaped Arithmancy by saying he had forgotten his books in the Slytherin common room. The teacher had let him go because the lesson had just begun, though not without muttering "If only you were half like your brother".

Now, half an hour later, here he was in the Herbology greenhouse hiding underneath the workbench. He was only to happy to escape, Arithmancy had to be the most useless damn lesson in history! His plan had been perfect: forget books, get said books from common room, check on the Arnica he was growing, go back to lesson and then sleep.

Though the new transfer student from Durmstrang had waltzed in. Luckily (and this, he would never tell the man) was rather clumsly when he walked, thus meaning Lovino had heard him before he entered the greenhouse. Normally, the entry of another student would have been fine. Though... Ivan, was it? Yeah. Ivan was also in his class. Lovino didn't want to be seen incase the terrifying looking student told their teacher.

The Arnica sat upon the table directly opposite, glistening in the sun that streamed through the glass roof. It was within reaching distace, possibly. Lovino thought to try his luck, and reached for the sunflower looking plant...
Lovino Vargas
Lovino Vargas

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:49 am

A movement, in the corner of his eye. Ivan glanced over to see what it was. A... An arm? Ivan's hand suddenly darted out and caught the wrist he saw sneaking out from under the table. There must be a student under there. But why? He frowned and tugged at the arm, pulling Lovino out.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am

Toris's frowned slightly. The tall Russian's expression had suddenly changed....don't think he hadn't noticed the glower Ivan had been giving him. But the look of disgust had suddenly been replaced with a much gentler one. He could sense he was being stared at and and it was beginning to unnerve him, the other boy's glance was so intense.
His words confused him too....why the sudden change in heart? Still suspicious, he answered "Ah....erm, no harm done I guess?" He hoped he hadn't misunderstood the Slytherin.

Ivan's sudden movement and the appearance of Lovino made the Lithuanian jump....how had Ivan noticed him under there?!
"Lovino! What are you doing here? Lessons started quite a while ago..."
Toris noticed the grip Ivan had on the smaller Slytherin's wrist. "I-ivan, I think you should let go of him..."
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovino Vargas Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 am

Lovino stared in terror at his fellow Slytherin. Since when as he so... big?
"Dammit", he squeaked through the pain that shot into his wrist. Glancing to his left, he saw the Arnica was still in tact.

The voice of Toris Lorinaitis caught his ear. It was then that Lovino registered the two Raven Claw students who were also in the greenhouse.
'Great... well that's just freaking brilliant' he thought. There was no way he could make it back to lesson unnoticed now.

Trying desperately to ignore the Russian currently tearing his wrist off, Lovino looked at the Raven Claw. He could tolerate the Lithuanian; Toris was a lot better than most bastards in this school. Yet his ability to have a civil conversation had, for now, evaporated.
"I'm here because I want to be, dammit! There are better placed to be than some stupid ass lesson. Besides, I should be asking you the same thing!".
Lovino Vargas
Lovino Vargas

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:20 am

Realising the boy was a Slytherin like himself, Ivan gave him a puzzled look, then let go of him. "You are skip class, da? I will not be telling," he said quietly. He looked the boy up and down. He looked irritable and annoying. Ivan decided to turn his attention back to Toris.

"You understanding, I am still getting used to Hogwarts," he tried to explain, "Durmstrang... Very different. The change is, um, strange thing for me."
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:52 am

Toris bit his tongue. Perhaps he had been a bit brisk in challenging the younger student...."All right, all right, calm down....me? I'm here to get some Hellebore for Potions." He noted that Ivan still had not let go of Lovino's wrist....perhaps he had not noticed.
Stepping forward, Toris began to unhook the ice-cold hand off the Italian. He listened to the ex-Durmstrang student stumble his words for a moment, then said "You mean with not every-one being Pure-blood?" Toris noticed a slight twitch in Ivan's expression...."well you'll have to get used to it quickly, won't you?"
Toris turned to the Hellebore plant quickly. He wasn't used to being harsh to others, but he needed to make his point. He was speaking the truth anyways....
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm

"I do not mean offending, ah, I just... Need to learn how I am to be fitting in here, da?" he struggled. Everything he said just seemed to be making things worse. He hated this language almost as much as he hated Mudbloods. He would have to recover quickly if he was going to charm the Ravenclaw. "I hope we can being friends, maybe?"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Toris turned back....maybe the Russian wasn't so bad. After all, he too had taken a while to get used to the school and language when he first arrived here.

Friends? Toris still felt uneasy around the taller boy....why had his opinions changed so suddenly? But he was new, he needed someone to help him, especially if he was going to get any kind of grasp on conversation....Toris grimaced a little "I believe we have some classes together? I could help you find them, I guess"
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:22 pm

The Russian's smile returned ten-fold. "I would very much liking that!" He had won the first battle. Now he had to get Toris to like him instead of just accepting his presence. It seemed like kind of a fun challenge.

Last edited by Ivan Braginski on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Toris smiled back weakly. This new boy was peculiar.....but he couldn't hold it against him. "We er...have Potions now...are you coming?"
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:54 am

"Um, da!" he nodded, reaching out to take Toris's hand. "Please be leading the way!"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:40 am

Da?.....that was "yes", right? Toris breathed a sigh of relief....hopefully things would stay this simple. He felt an icy hand wrap itself around his own, what was he doing now?! Lead the way....oh! "Ah, er...okay...." As they said their goodbyes to Roderich (Toris having told him any Thursday evenings would be fine) and Lovino, Toris tried to slip his hand out of Ivan's unnoticed....
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

His hand felt really nice to hold. Ivan thought their hands fitted together really well. He felt Toris's hand slipping, and grasped it more firmly, determined not to let go until he actually had to.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Toris Lorinaitis Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:04 am

Toris groaned internally as he felt the grasp on his hand strengthen. Didn't the Russian realise he wanted his hand back?! ....But then again, he couldn't say it outright....that would embarass them both..... He settled for wriggling his hand gently, hoping the taller boy would catch his drift and let go. Soon. His fingers was going numb...
Toris Lorinaitis
Toris Lorinaitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down