World Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Ivan & Carlos] Snow Vodka

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Ivan & Carlos] Snow Vodka Empty [Ivan & Carlos] Snow Vodka

Post by Ivan Braginski Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Ivan pulled a few bottles of vodka from the bottom of his suitcase as he waited for Carlos to arrive. Carlos seemed like somebody he could easily be friends with, especially since he didn't seem to mind a bit of trouble. It would be interesting experimenting with how much trouble the boy would permit.

He sat back and watched the snow fall inside the bottle. Snow Vodka was probably his favourite brand. It was almost the opposite of Butterbeer with its frigid coldness. He hoped Carlos would like it.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski
I am moving from Durmstrang and am not speaking the English well, da

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

[Ivan & Carlos] Snow Vodka Empty Re: [Ivan & Carlos] Snow Vodka

Post by Carlos Machado Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 pm

He was ready, after a long session in Ancient Runes he just wanted to relax with his new friend Ivan. He knew the lad would be good fun as soon as he saw him in the Great Hall. He could not wait until they could get into some mischief. With his charm and Ivan's penchant to acquire alcohol there would be nothing this pair couldn't get out of.

He made his way to the dungeons into the Slytherin common room. He never really liked the skulls but he figured it was part of the charm. Waving to a few scant members he walked to the dorm he and Ivan shared. Ivan was already there staring into a bottle.

"Ivan, I am sorry I am late. Runes ran late and this cute Hufflepuff was well......never mind." he said setting his books down on his bed. "So now, is that it? This special drink of yours?"

Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado
Not your typical Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 am

Ivan nodded and handed him the bottle. "Good for hot days or just when want to get drunk," he smiled, opening his own bottle. This was definitely his favourite summer drink. His favourite winter drink... Possible Chzov's Ditanny Vodka. As long as it was vodka. 

"Tell me about cute Hufflepuff~" the Russian grinned. There may be a slight language barrier between the two, but Ivan could understand this sort of thing with ease. 
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 am

He smiled and took the bottle. He examined the bottle carefully then took a sip. It was delicious! And strong. Still he enjoyed it.

"Oh really now. I think she's Sarah something. Blond, side ponytail, cute hips. She had a question about a translation. I was only happy to answer it......" he said with a small smirk.
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:52 am

"Carlos is, what is phrase, 'ladies man', da?" the Russian winked.

(Sorry this post is so short, kinda scattered today)
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 am

Carlos laughed softly then took another sip. Ladies man? Perhaps, but he never considered himself one. He just knew she was cute and she did have a question about a translation. How was he to know that a kiss or two would come out of it? He considered it payment for answering her question.

"Maybe, but I am sure you have had your share of the ladies as well Ivan."

((Its okay, no worries))
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 am

He thought back to Durmstrang with a wry smile. He'd gained somewhat a reputation back there. He wondered whether he'd be as successful with the girls here. And the boys.

"I perhaps have more than moy share, but I look forward to seeing what British girls can do. It does not seem stereotype about English beauty true."
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:02 am

Carlos tried to follow what the Russian boy said, his English not being the best. Still, he was willing to share his drink and converse so openly. Friends were good, friends told you secrets. And if needed, friends can help you out of sticky situations.

"True, my friend, you will find a few choice beauties here. Some only want you because of your looks, some want to steal a look from your parchment, some just want the attention......no matter. We are young and foolish. This is the time to make our mistakes." he joked, his thick accent coming through. He took another sip and sighed. "This is really good, I'll have to repay you in kind one day"
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 am

"I do not really care what they are wanting, as long as I getting what I want," he told him conspiratorially. He set down his empty bottle and opened a new one. "Da, it is very good vodka. I am glad you like."
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:07 pm

"Spoken like a true member of our house. An act to be commended." he replied, a small sly smile on his face. He scratched at his stubble again and looked at Ivan. He was very pleased. This new friend was most intriguing. He liked that.

Another bottle. Perfect. This vodka was most delicious. Damn that owl and his navigational impotence. He would have his family's rum to share with Ivan even if he had to distill it himself. Distill it here? Now that might be fun. "Indeed. It is very good. I must ask Mum to find me some for the holidays."

"Speaking of holidays, are you staying here for them or going back home? I am making the annual trip back to Cuba to see mi abuela."
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 am

"I have not yet decided..." he considered, "I miss Russia, but if I meet pretty person I am rather be spending time with..."

He was certainly getting on well with this boy. How fortuitous that he was making friends already - a friend he could get into trouble with, no less! Ivan didn't mean to cause trouble, but teachers didn't take well to his quest to get whatever he wanted and ignore the consequences.

He briefly wondered about how quickly he'd make more friends, and what they'd be like. Maybe they'd even be in other Houses. Well, probably not.

"What is Cuba like?"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:38 pm

"Russia must be cold but beautiful during the winter months." he remarked imagining the snow covered beauty of the northern regions. Before moving to England a few years before his admittance to Hogwarts he had never seen snow. He remembered the first time. He remembered slipping on his bottom. He chuckled to himself.

Carlos was happy. He had secured another friend here. One in his own house none the less. Perfecto.

"Cuba is warm. There are beaches and narrow streets. People are friendly and willing to give. It is a good place for a holiday."

"Family?"
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:11 am

"Cuba sounds like place I would like to live," he said longingly. He'd always dreamt of living in a warm place like Carlos had described. But at the same time, he still wanted to live in Russia. His patriotism and loyalty would always lie with his home country. 

"A-ah, family?" He stared into his bottle. "Two syestras... They... Very strange, you know?"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:15 am

Carlos smiled. "Perhaps I shall take you there on holiday. If you have not found that special someone. Mi familia is very considerate and accepting. You will be welcomed, I assure you." he said with an accepting expression on his young face.

Did he mean sisters? That had to be it. "Strange? Strange how? If I may ask?"
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 am

The Russian gave him a strained smile. "I rather not, ah, talk about it." He pinched the bridge of his nose, then shook his head and took a large gulp of vodka. "Tell me about your family."
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:43 am

"Fair enough" Carlos replied making a note of the Russian's reaction. He sighed and looked at the other boy with a simple,plain expression. "I have two parents, both wizards. I have no siblings. We are a small but loving family. Mother went here as well, she was a Hufflepuff. Father went to school overseas. Not much to say, not much to say......Quidditch? Are you trying out? Seem built for it."
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

Ivan was relieved to hear that his new friend was a Pureblood. He was getting on very well with Carlos and seemed like he was going to be a great friend; it was reassuring to know he wouldn't have to abandon this friendship due to blood. 

"Ah, nyet, I preferring watch Quidditch," he replied. He particularly liked watching the attractive players. "Sport I like is, ah," a beat passed as he remembered the English word, "duelling. Do you play Quidditch?"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:25 pm

"So you like to duel? Interesting, I would love to see you in action." he said with a smile. Carlos often wondered what dueling was like in the Northern Realms,he was sure Durmstrang had taught Ivan some impressive spells.

"Ah, myself? I dabble I suppose, best at Beater I am. I'm not sure if I am good enough to make the house team. Perhaps I'll go out for the team this year."

"But anyways, how do you like it here? I am sorry for the questions. I am most curious."
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 am

"You should try," Ivan told him, "what is worst that could happen?" Carlos clearly wasn't worried about injury if he played the game casually. "I am not being here long enough to decide how I like it; the number of Mudbloods is disturbing though," he frowned.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 am

"You know what?" he replied "I think I will. If not, its a good story."

He shifted a bit and took another sip. This was a good spirit. He paused for a moment at the opinion of his new friend's utterance. Carlos himself had friends of Muggle birth as well as half bloods. His father being the closest relation, his grandmother being a muggle herself. "I see. I have no real opinion on them either way. Let them alone I say. If they do something to stir the pot then have at them, til then, let them stay in their own camp."
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 pm

"Durmstrang didn't let them in," Ivan sighed nostalgically. He had been raised to hate Muggle-borns, a belief set that had been reinforced strongly during his five years at Durmstrang. It had been quite a shock to him to find out how many attended Hogwarts. He was still getting used to their presence.
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 pm

"I've heard of that. No wonder you've been sorted in this house. Slytherin supported purebloods and didn't want them to be admitted in these halls. Guess you can see how that turned out." he laughed. Truly, Carlos didn't really care of what your blood was or what house you were in.

"What classes are you most anxious to take? I am looking forward to Charms and Transfiguration."
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:46 pm

"Salazar Slytherin has always been hero of mine," he smirked. "I am being very interested in Defence Against the Dark Arts; Durmstrang taught Dark Arts, so, it will be interesting, da?"
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Machado Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

"How fortuitous that you are in his house then. Perhaps you can write about him in History of Magic. If you are taking it I mean." he exclaimed with a smile.

"Oh! I am taking that class as well. Every year there is a new teacher, made my O.W.Ls a bit difficult but I got an Exceeds Expectations so I was allowed to take it."

He lay on his bed and sighed then looked at Ivan. "Tell me about Durmstrang.....what's it like?"
Carlos Machado
Carlos Machado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Braginski Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:13 am

Ivan knocked back some more vodka before replying. "Durmstrang... Durmstrang very cold, all of time. Fires are only being lit for magic. Castle is four stories, small next to Hogwarts, but grounds are very big so, easy to feel lonely. The girls are all very beautiful and good at stopping you feel lonely," he giggled. "It is very nice atmosphere with no Mudbloods, and uniforms are very warm and comfortable."
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: